1. Restate thesis
· ______ and _________ are two of the symptoms of teenage depression that Holden Caulfield exhibits.
· Through the symptoms of __ and ___, Holden demonstrates that he is a troubled young man who suffers from depression.
symptoms of teenage depression that Holden Caulfield exhibits are
common from teenagers suffering from this disorder.
2. Summarize your two symptoms from your body paragraph in 1-2 sentences
· Holden’s _______ and his _________ are both evidence that Holden is a depressed young man.
· Write 1-2 summarizing the points from your body paragraphs à show how the points in your paper fit together.
3. Concluding sentence – leaves the reader something to think about
though Holden is a fictional character, he represents the depression
that many teenagers in the United States, and beyond, experience.
· Many of the symptoms of depression that Holden experiences are also shared by teenagers throughout the world
in real life, teenagers suffering from these and other mental health
issues can get the help that they need and recover from this disorder.
is a serious psychological problem that affects millions of teens in
America, and it is often literary figures that remind us of this/bring
this to mind.
· Is Holden a true symbol of teenage depression?